Saturday, February 4, 2012
Okay so seeing as this is my last photo and post I'd just like to jot a few things down that I've learned throughout the year (notice: you do not have to read this. I warn you, it may get sappy) :
1. I am not perfect. (whhaaaaat??!) Even though I deemed this the "one picture a day" project equaling 365 days for the entire year, I did not keep to that perfectly. As you'll notice it is February 4 and I started this project on January 25 of last year. There were some days that I literally hated the fact that I had started this, like I had this gigantic deadline looming over my head...which was totally silly. This is supposed to be fun, so I set myself free and though I'm finishing a few days behind schedule I still have an entire year of memory pictures to show for it.
2. There's something amazing about watching for pictures to take. It really sort of opens your eyes to your surroundings. Sometimes I'd be looking out the window as we were driving and see the most beautiful sunset, or a squirrel yelling at a scrub-jay (real name people, look it up) and even though I may not have been able to take pictures of it, I noticed it, which is sort of more than I can say for myself before.
3. I became a better photographer. It's kind of a no brainer, right? When you do something consistently you're bound to improve, but it caught me by surprise. I don't mean to sound rude or prideful or anything and I know I have so much more to learn, but it's exciting seeing the payoff when you practice something, isn't it? :)
4. It got me hooked on collections and portfolios. I'm trying to decide what my next "subject" will be to create another collection of photographs. I may have found my niche :)
5. And I suppose I can't end without mentioning the pictures themselves. I LOVE them. And I know that I will continue to love them for-ever. They are my painting for the year, a memory masterpiece full of love and color.
Posted by Lemonpeel at 2:09 PM